Before you get a tattoo on your skin, it’s wise to check some facts like how it can affect you, what side effects it may leave, whether it’s painful, and some more. Speaking of pain, what do you think about getting tattoos on your balls? Is it painful or is it even possible?
So, if we focus on the question- can you get a tattoo on your balls?
Yes, but you have to compromise some things. You have to accept that tattooing your balls will be extremely painful as there are hundreds of nerve endings in the area. Also, you need to be extra careful like keeping the skin clean and dry all the time. The minor side effect can be itching but major ones are like having an infection.
Still, if you can consult an efficient tattoo artist, the risk of pain and infection will be less. To know more about the topic, scroll through the whole post.
Can You Get A Tattoo On Your Balls?
Yes, you can. But it’s not a good idea to get a tattoo on your scrotum for some reason. Some of the compelling reasons why you should forget the idea are:
- You might go through some harrowing weeks because the skin on your scrotum is highly sensitive.
- The healing process is also longer than the other parts of your body.
- There’s a high risk of getting an infection as the skin is sensitive. You must hire an experienced and reputable tattoo artist and be very careful about the aftercare sessions for a few weeks.
- There are some long-term effects as well. The skin might stretch and change over time and the ink can fade and blur as well.
Here’s a statement from a tattoo artist on Quora that might make you reconsider about tattooing your balls-
What Happens If You Get a Tattoo on Your Balls?
The initial consequence you might face while getting a tattoo on your balls is feeling a sharp pain. Experts categorize different types of pain associated with having a tattoo. These are:
- Burning pain
- Sharp pain
- Scratching pain
Sharp pain is the most difficult to tolerate. It’s a stinging and intense pain that’s similar to bee stings. Human organs with thinner skin are likely to get this pain while getting a tattoo.
Since the skin on your scrotum is delicate and thin, chances are you can get the feeling. Another reason why you can get the sharp pain is if your artist uses one needle to make fine details on the tattoo. The needle has to go too deep into your skin.
Another common consequence of tattooing your balls can be having an infection.
The symptoms are easy to identify, though. You might have sharp pain, swelling, redness, or discharge from the tattooed area. Don’t delay consulting a doctor if you experience any of the symptoms.
However, don’t worry as long as you’re getting the tattoo from an experienced tattoo artist. The chances of having an infection are higher when the artist breaks the mucus membrane on your penis (accidently). If he can do the job well, the needle shouldn’t touch the membrane.
How Painful Is It to Get a Tattoo on Your Scrotum?
Well, tattooing your balls might cause you extreme pain since the skin is thin and sensitive in the area. And there are thousands of nerve endings in the site. Thus, you must undergo some serious discomfort.
To get a clear idea about the pain you will go through, here are some factors that affect the pain level while getting a tattoo.
- Location: Where you’re getting the tattoo affects the amount of pain you may face. Places with little fat and thin skin are to most painful areas because the pain goes down to the bone.
- Tattoo Artist: New artists are likelier to mess up with the job. Try to go to an experienced artist and avoid the heavy-handed ones.
- Size and duration: There’s a fact that bigger tattoos hurt you more. It’s simple to understand that they require longer sessions with different needles, shading, and detailing.
- Style: If you want to get a realistic portrait, the fact that it hurts more. It requires much shading, ink, and too many needle tips to have the expected picture.
- Mentality: If you’re prepared for the pain from the first, a positive attitude will help you go through the session more smoothly.
- Pain Threshold: It’s about understanding a common fact that everyone’s tolerance for a particular pain isn’t the same. Things that are not painful for you might be painful for someone else. So, it’s up to you. You know your body best, so decide accordingly. And gender, age, sobriety, and medical conditions affect your threshold.
Other Painful Male Organs to Get a Tattoo
You’re already aware that ball tattooing can make you have a painful experience. But where else might you get such an awful tattoo experience? Let’s get to know.
- Rib Cage: No matter whether you’re skinny, muscular, or plump, the pain level from tattooing your ribs may seem hard to tolerate.
- Armpits: Tattooing your armpits will give you extreme pain. And, don’t make any mistakes as it’s too difficult to endure this part of your body.
- Groin Area: Tattooing the groin area might make you cry like a baby. However, it depends on the tolerance you have.
- Hip: It’s another place where you can get several painful experiences after having a tattoo.
- Head: Well, that’s maybe the worst place to tattoo. The pain is extremely severe. However, the backside of your head contains fewer nerve endings which may not be that painful, but still, it’s mentionable.
What Are The Least Painful Male Organs to Get a Tattoo?
Now, let’s see where you’ll get comparatively less pain while having a tattoo.
- Outer Bicep: The upper arm is one of the most suitable places to tattoo. Fortunately, the pain level isn’t that high here. Think about this placement if you want a half sleeve.
- Outer Shoulder: The shoulder area can be a great spot for having a tattoo, especially if you want a large tattoo. It’s a low-pain area like your outer bicep.
- Calves: Calves are low-pain areas for both men and women to get a tattoo. You must shave off the hair, though.
How to Minimize The Pain of Getting a Tattoo?
No matter where you’re getting the tattoo on your skin, you can reduce the pain by following a few tips below.
Before The Session
- Stay sober for a minimum of 24 hours before you get a tattoo.
- Remember to eat before you come to the session.
- Getting a tattoo in the morning session might help as the endorphins are at its peak at this time.
- It’s better to have enough sleep before you get the new tattoo.
During The Session
- Divert your mind while having the session. For example, you can play some funny videos or your favorite movie or listen to some light music while having the tattoo.
- Using a numbing cream might help numb your skin and minimize the pain.
- Also, you can use a painkiller such as ibuprofen or Tylenol. But before that, talk to your tattoo artist about it.
After The Session
- It’s okay to use painkillers if you suffer from sever pain. But make sure you take it every 6 hours, not within the gap.
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Don’t touch or scratch the wound.
- Don’t wear tight clothing.
And, that’s all we had to discuss. Hope that we didn’t waste your time rather, helped you get the full picture. What do you think about the question ‘can you get a tattoo on your balls?’? What’s your opinion about it? We said that even if it’s possible, you shouldn’t do it for some issues.
Now, it’s your turn. Make your choice!