Tattoo aftercare can be a confusing process. You may get recommendations for countless products for speeding up your recovery and hear about Tegaderm. Tattoo enthusiasts all over the world swear by it. But, what is a Tegaderm? is it really that good? Can you use Nexcare Tegaderm on tattoos?
Yes, you can. Tegaderm is a breathable, medical-grade, and waterproof tattoo bandage. It has been engineered to ensure proper air circulation. It retains the body’s natural moisture and reduces the risk of getting an infection. It also prevents any accidental shear/tear that might occur. Removing and reapplying a Tegaderm is an easy task contributing to its success.
Scroll down to know about Tegaderm, how to use it, how to apply it, and what benefits it can offer.
Can You Use Nexcare Tegaderm On Tattoo?
Yes, it’s completely safe to use Nexcare Tegaderm on your new tattoo. In fact, a lot of tattoo artists and experts say that using a Tegaderm will increase your recovery rate.
Tegaderm is a medical-grade bandage that is waterproof. It is a transparent bandage that ensures proper air circulation for your wound to heal which makes it one of the best options to pass the tattoo healing process.
A tattoo is an open wound to your body. It needs air and moisture to heal properly. Tegaderm retains your body’s natural moisture and enzymes. It drastically reduces the time to heal.
Tegaderm also prevents the entry of dirt and germs into your body which reduces the risk of infection. It also prevents any accidental tears.
Nexcare Tegaderm is a better option than a lot of Tegaderm that are available in the market. Why? Take the points below as the reasons.
- It holds up to 7 days.
- It is easy to remove from body hair
- It is also suitable for people with sensitive skin
- Some Nexcare Tegaderm come in cushioned pads that relieve pain
- It holds firmly in place.
- Nexcare Tegaderm ensures the closure of small wounds and openings.
- It’s also more affordable than other tattoo healing products.
How Does Tegaderm Work to Heal Your Tattoo?
Tegaderm is made up of a thin polyurethane membrane containing an acrylic adhesive to it. The dressing provides good air circulation by letting oxygen and water vapors pass through it. But, it proves to be an impenetrable barrier to external microorganisms and dirt.
Once you apply Tegaderm, it stops water vapor from escaping the exposed tissue and keeps the surface of the wound moist. This prevents scab formation on shallow wounds.
Scab formations actually delay the healing process. Without scabs, the wound heals at an increased rate compared to a traditional dry dressing method.
Lubriderm provides countless benefits like enhancing wound regeneration, preventing skin breakdown, protecting surgical incisions, and so on. We’ll talk about it later; in detail.
How to Use Tegaderm on Tattoos
Tegaderm is gaining popularity for its convenience and affordability. It’s also very easy to use and once you learn it, you can use it without any professional supervision.
Before Applying Tegaderm
To apply Tegaderm on your tattoo, you need to go through some preparatory steps first.
- Remove all hair from the area.
- Clean the tattooed area after the session.
- Make sure the tattoo is clean from any leftover residue like ink, dirt, etc.
- If the tattooed area is not clean, clean it properly. Never use isopropyl alcohol or glycerin. These chemicals will get rid of germs but will also cause the cells around the area to die.
- Dry the area properly using a soft piece of cloth.
Tegaderm bandages are applied more than once. The 1st bandage will be applied by your tattoo artist while you may have to apply the 2nd or the additional ones by yourself.
Application And Removal Of The 1st Tedagerm Bandage
- Your tattoo artist will apply the first telegram bandage. Leave it overnight.
- Remove the bandage the next day. To remove, find an edge and peel the bandage opposite from the direction of hair growth. Removing it in the shower would be a great choice. Running water relaxes the adhesive and relaxes your skin to ensure easy removal.
- Discard the bandage. Wash the area with warm water and mild soap. Make sure the soap is fragrance-free. You can also use liquid soap. Rinse the area with a soft cloth.
- Allow the area to air dry or gently pat it with a soft towel.
- If you want, you can apply a thin layer of moisturizer on the tattooed area. Make sure to use a petroleum-free lotion or cream. If you have oily skin or live in a humid area then skip this step.
Applying The 2nd Tegaderm Bandage And Removal
- Keep the bandage on for 2-3 days. If your skin feels irritated or notices any fluid build-up then you can remove the bandage sooner.
- When the flaking stage of the tattoo starts, refrain from using the bandage. Use mild, non-scented moisturizers such as cocoa butter, Lubridem, or Cerave.
- If the adhesive doesn’t wash off with water, use coconut oil or baby oil to remove it completely.
- After that, moisturize the tattooed area thoroughly. Your tattoo may appear healed after the removal of the 2nd bandage. But, it will take 3-4 months for your tattoo to heal properly.
Benefits Of Using Tegaderm For Tattoos
Tegaderm is gaining more popularity among tattoo enthusiasts. Unlike traditional dry bandages, Tegaderm provides you with a series of benefits.
- Tegaderm ensures proper moisturization for your skin. It traps the natural moisture and enzymes that your body produces. By this, you don’t need additional moisturization and your wound heals faster.
- Tegaderm creates a protective layer over your tattooed area. It prevents any outside contaminations such as dirt, germs, bacteria, and other parasitic insects.
- Tegaderm also prevents skin flaking and peeling. It prevents your skin from wear and tear. This enables you to take part in your daily activities.
- Tegaderm is waterproof. It prevents water from entering your tattooed area. You can easily take a shower with it. But, you cannot take a bath or swim while using it.
- Tegaderm is also easier to take care of and replace. Unlike dry bandages, it doesn’t require any professional expertise for application or removal.
Are Tegaderm and Saniderm The Same?
Yes. Tegaderm and Saniderm are the same things. Sandiderm is another brand name for Tegaderm.
Saniderm is a medical-grade bandage that is used in minor wounds. it is greatly used by tattoo artists for tattoo healing. It is easily breathable and retains moisture to ensure quick healing. One can easily replace Tegaderm with Saniderm as both are the same product.
Is There Any Alternative To Nexcare Tegaderm?
Yes. Although Nexcare Tegaderm is one of the best options out there, you may want to know about the other bests as well.
|Name||Special Feature||Price||Product Link|
|3m Tegaderm Hp Transparent Dressing||Lasts longer than any of its competitors||10.99 USD||Click here|
|3M Tegaderm Transparent Dressing||Provides more protection from its competitors, Allows more air circulation||35.85 USD||Click here|
|Tegaderm 1624W Transparent Film||More durable, Allows the wearer to bathe||25.29 USD||Click here|
|Demora Silver Foam Dressing||Long lasting, Prevents moisture leakage||8.79 USD||Click here|
|Ealion Med Transparent Dressing||Hypoallergenic Adhesive, Latex free, Easy to use||21.75 USD||Click here|
Now, We think that you know what a Tedagerm is and whether you can use Nexcare Tegaderm on a tattoo.
Tedagerm is a sterile, medical-grade bandage that allows proper air circulation for your tattoo. It also helps your body to retain natural moisture and enzymes to ensure a fast recovery.
It also reduces the risk of infections by protecting your wound from outside contaminations such as dirt and germs. Also, it is so easy to apply and remove that you can do it without any supervision.
We hoped this article to helped you to understand how telegram functions and how it benefits your tattoo. So, grab an appointment and get your desired tattoo without any worries.